Friday, March 23, 2007

Notes on a Scandal

This movie stars Judi Dench and Cate Blanchett. The acting is the best I have ever seen with both of these stars giving really really good performances. In terms of the story line, it's about an average woman who decides to become a school teacher and becomes sexually involved with one of her students. Another teacher, whom she has befriended finds out about this and uses it to her advantage.

Judi Dench plays a great part here as the social parasite posing as a friend. The subject matter is definitely not for kids though, but explores adult themes of friendship and boundaries in our lives.

M.

2 comments:

otowi said...

Are you a Cate Blanchett fan? She was in both of these, wasn't she? I do think she has real ability as an actress.

Another movie I hadn't seen, thanks for letting me know about it!

Muhammad said...

I am actually, and this movie does show her acting talent. I have to agree with you :)

No problem on the heads up :)

M.